Why do you need to Transfer PF Fund?
Relocating to a new place can call for a change in job. In this process, you may need to change your PF account as well. Apart from all the other necessary paperwork, the employees’ benefit package is the most crucial one. Most people assume that they are required to close the account that was opened under their previous employer. Fund transfer is not a simple process when done offline. However, with the increase in online banking, funds can now be transferred from the comfort of your own home.
How to Transfer the PF?
The EPFO is an online self-service platform that helps transfer funds more easily. It has introduced a revised form-13, which must be mandatorily filled by the employee seeking PF fund transfer. All you need to do is fill this form and submit it to your previous or present employer. If you happen to be a member of EPF, you can easily apply for a change of job and also get the PF transferred from your previous employer to your current employer .If you are wondering – PF transfer form 13 how to fill? Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- You need to write the address of your present employer in the ‘to’ address.
- There are no additional documents that are required to be submitted along with the PF transfer claim.
- Make sure your current employer has signed the form
- Update your Form 13 status
Once you have submitted the form 13 for the transfer of funds, you can check its status online with the following steps:
- Log on to the official EPFO’s website
- Click on the tab that says, ‘Know your status’
- Identify the regional PF office and enter the establishment code.
- Once you have done that, enter your PF account number.
- The next step is to enter the PF account number and then submit.
- Note down your claim ID.
- Once your claim ID is processed, you will be notified about the transfer.
If you follow the above step, all your PF related doubts such as PF transfer form 13 how to fill, eligibility and checking the PF status will be clear.